Empowering Lifelong Learners
Follow the chess masters’ TIPS to play better :
1. “ If you see a good move, STOP ! Look for a better one !!”
2. Before making your move, ask yourself “ Is there a threat ? ” and “What is my opponent planning ?
3. During the OPENING ( the first 10-15 moves) :
a) Control the Center (especially with a center PAWN )
b) Develop ( wake up your OFFICERS and put them to work )
c) Castle ( to protect your King and activate the Rook )
4. Coordinate your pieces (TEAMWORK) and over-protect them !
5. Examine every check or capture. Search for CHECKMATE !!!!