Denton ISD Welcomes Student Teachers and Observers During the Fall and Spring Semesters!
All student teachers and observers must complete an online application to be considered for placements with Denton ISD. A criminal background check is processed by the Human Resources Department. Please note that this process can take up to two weeks from date of submission, in which once identified as CLEARED, you will be notified by the deparment or your program coordinator that your background and placement has been completed and confirmed.
Applicants are not allowed to enter a campus without proper background clearance.
PHASE 1: COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION
* You must fill out the background application
* Once the application has been submitted you will immediately receive an email confirmation of submission, this email must be forwarded to your program coordinator
PHASE 2: UNIVERSITY/PROGRAM COORDINATOR'S PROCESS
* Once your email confirmation has been forwarded to your university/program coordinator, they will attach the email you forwarded with an approval letter indicating the following information:
- Applicant's first and last name
- Description of the assignment
- Certification grade level
- Certification subject/area
- Total of hours required
* The university/program coordinator will forward both these documents to Denton ISD's Human Resources department for processing
PHASE 3: CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
* The background check can take up to two weeks to complete
* Once the background check has been CLEARED, your univesity/program coordinator will be notified by the Human Resources department that your background and placement has been completed and confirmed
Please click on the topics below to learn about application deadlines:
Counseling & Social Work
Student / Single Observations
UNT PDS Placements