Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to fill out an application to attend classes at the ATC?
The ATC strives to serve all students based on their career aspirations. Due to classroom capacity and course demand, a ranking process may be used. Out-of-district students do need to complete a packet which can be obtained from their high school counselor.
Where do I go on the first day of school?
Students are expected to go to their home campus to pick up schedules. They will then be transported by bus to the ATC. They must have a parking pass from their Home Campus to drive to the ATC.
Is there transportation from my Campus?
If you are a BHS, RHS, DHS or GHS student, bus transportation will be provided to and from each high school. Morning class students will need to make arrangements to arrive at the high school to be bussed to that ATC before school starts or can be dropped off at the ATC as early as 7:30 a.m. Please check with your home campus for morning departure times.
If you are an out-of-district High School, please check with your school district to see if they will provide transportation.
Are there fees associated with the class?
Yes, all classes have a class fee to buy supplies, uniforms, and safety wear.
- Course fees (except Cosmetology) are due the first week of school.
- Cosmetology course fees are due before school begins - contact your instructor for the exact date(s).
- Students will be measured for their uniform during the first couple weeks of school.
What is the ATC Bell Schedule?
- Morning Session - 8:25-11:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Session - 12:25-2:45 p.m.
What is the dress code for the ATC?
The ATC dress code is strictly enforced. Students are not allowed to wear the following items:
- Jeans with holes or ragged edges
- Leggings, Jeggings or yoga pants
- Short shorts and short skirts (DISD standard on length will be enforced)
- Additional Dress code guidelines will be given and enforced based on specific industry standards as related to the coursework.
ID must be worn at all times (Replacement ID’s are $5)
I need to sign my child out for an appointment, what do I do?
- Students must take a written note to the office to be allowed to leave early
- Attendance office will call and verify with a parent that the note is authentic