Quill & Scroll International Honor Society for High School Journalists
Quill and Scroll International Honor Society for high school journalists was founded as a non-secret honor society at the University of Iowa on April 10, 1926, by renowned pollster George H. Gallup and a group of high school advisers for the purpose of encouraging and recognizing individual student achievement in journalism and academics.
Students recommended for membership must meet the following requirements:
- They must be of sophomore, junior or senior classification.
- They must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average or be in the top one-third of their class in general scholastic standing, either for the year of their election or for the cumulative total of all of their high school work.
- They must have done superior work in some phase of journalism or school media work, such as writing, editing, business management, or production.
- They must be recommended by the journalism adviser.
- They must be approved by the Executive Director of Quill and Scroll.
For more information, please reach out to the Braswell HS Journalism Adviser, Daniel Carr, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Mr. Carr in room A209.