Who is eligible for Denton ISD's School of Choice?
High school students may be accepted into Fred Moore High School if they meet one or more of the following requirements and have shown they have the ability to work independently in a mastery learning environment.
- One or more years behind grade level
- Any high school student who feels that a small setting is more ideal
- Students who want/need to graduate earlier than the typical 4 year graduation plan
- Failed one or more sections of the exit level EOCs
- Students who have dropped out of school
- Students who are married
- Students who are pregnant or parenting
- Students returning from a drug/alcohol treatment center
- Students who are homeless
- Others may be accepted at Principal's discretion
Expelled students are not eligible during the term of the expulsion.Students must fill out an application, go through an interview and then may be accepted to the program. If the student is currently enrolled in the Denton ISD schools, they should not withdraw from school until they have been accepted to Fred Moore. Acceptance and enrollment at Fred Moore is based on the above criteria and on availability of space. There is often a waiting period (after returning the application) before an interview is scheduled. There is no guarantee a student will be accepted to the program.
If enrolled in Fred Moore High School, the student will be expected to attend school everyday and to make progress in earning academic credits for graduation each semester (students are required to earn at least 4 credits a semester and maintain 90% attendance).