Parking, Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Here are some handy tips and procedures for parents dropping off children in the morning:
Car Riders may be dropped off at the front & back entrance beginning at 7:10 a.m.
- All students walking or dropped off before 7:30 a.m. will enter the front door of the school or the cafeteria doors at the back of the school.
- You are welcome to park in the visitor parking, and walk your child into the school. Do not park (leave car unattended) in the front or back drive. Do not get out of your car to help your student while parked in the drop-off lane. If a student needs assistance for any reason, please pull over and park, then escort your child across the traffic to the correct door.
- Use the right lane of the front & back drive to drop off children.
- Use the left lane of the front drive for access to the visitor parking, or to proceed to the exit.
Please do not unload children from the left lane causing them to walk between cars in the right lane. This could cause a serious safety concern.
- Students arriving between 7:10 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. may enter through the front or back entrance and will report to either the:
1. Cafeteria if they will be eating breakfast
Students must report to one of these two areas and will not be allowed to congregate inside or outside the building.
- The first student bell will ring at 7:30 a.m. and the tardy bell rings at 7:40 a.m.
- Students arriving between 7:30 a.m. – 7:40 a.m. may enter through the front door, cafeteria door, 2-3 wing door, or 4-5 wing door and report directly to the classroom.
- Students arriving after 7:40 a.m. must enter through the front door to receive a tardy pass before they may enter class.
Dismissal: 3:00 p.m. for all students
Front Pick-up/Back Pick-up
- Car tags are to be used only when students are being placed in a car in the car line by a staff member. The children will wait in the classroom until their tag number is called for pick up. Parents, if you get out of your car to pick up your child, please park come inside to check your student out. Warning: Cars parked on Lakeview Boulevard or Pockrus Page Road for student pickup purposes may be ticketed by the police. Please park only in parking spots.
- Walkers will exit out the end of the 4th/5th grade hallway or out the exterior doors by the Art Room. Walkers will not be dismissed from any other door.