Denton ISD Digital Learning will establish an innovative and safe digital learning environment that enhances the 4 C's of 21st century learning.
What we do
As a department, we strive to support the creative endeavors of our educators through technological tools and training. Ultimately, we help our teachers provide engaged learning that is personally challenging and inspiring for our students. Some of the tools and initiatives we support include:
- Blended Learning
- Online Learning
- Library Services
- DTEK Chromebook Learning Initiative
- Support for district instructional priorities through the use of digital tools and resources
How we do it
- Technology Integration Support - Our campuses are served by Digital Learning Specialists (DLS) who empower teachers to maximize the effective use of technology in the daily learning process. Our DLSs work with teachers in one-on-one, small group, and campus wide settings. Click here to read more about our DLS Team. While the DLSs provide on-campus training, the Digital Learning department creates how-to videos, hosts webinars, and helps organize district wide training opportunities.
- Library & Media Services - Click here for more information about Library and Media Services.
- Professional Development – Our department will conduct numerous in-service workshops throughout the year both for individual campuses as well as district wide at the Professional Development Center. Our largest PD opportunity is the “Lone Star Technology-in-Action (TIA) conference. What began as a small 300 attendee conference in 2010 has grown to be a 2000+ attendee conference in 2013! Hosted by Denton ISD, this conference attracts educators and technologists from Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, and Louisiana. Seeing how others integrate technology in the classroom is a vital need that this conference has filled for so many. Click here to learn more about Lone Star TIA.
Digital Learning Department
Director of Digital Learning
Digital Learning Coordinator