Denton ISD Welcomes Clinical Teachers and Observation Applicants During the Fall and Spring Semesters!
All clinical teachers and observation applicants must complete a criminal background application to be considered for placement with Denton ISD. Please note that the background check can take up to two weeks to complete. Your university/program coordinator will be notified by the Human Resources department of your clearance and final placement.
Applicants and university/alternate certification program staff, including professors, are not allowed to reach out to campus teachers or administrators.
*APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED AFTER SET DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED*
* The student must fill out the background application and submit.
* Upon submitting the application, the applicant will immediately receive an email confirmation of submission in the email they provided on the application. Example of confirmation email:
* This email must be forwarded to their university/program coordinator.
UNIVERSITY/PROGRAM COORDINATOR'S PROCESS
After the student's email confirmation has been forwarded to the university/program coordinator, the coordinator must attach the email forwarded along with the approval letter indicating the following information:
- Applicant's first and last name
- Description of the assignment
- Certification grade level
- Certification subject/area
- Total of hours required
* The university/program coordinator will forward both these documents for processing to Sulieng Contreras in the Human Resources Department.
DISTRICT HUMAN RESOURCES PROCESS
* Once the university/program coordinator has forwarded the email confirmation and approved letter, it will be reviewed and processed by Human Resources.