About Our Department
Career and Technical EducationCareer and Technology Education courses are designed to prepare students in the technical and professional skills necessary to succeed in today’s high-demand occupational environment. Students have the opportunity to utilize their academic skills in the following career fields:
These programs provide a variety of elective courses from which students are allowed to select and are in addition to the academic courses required for graduation. Career and Technology Education can help a student explore his/her potential and establish future career goals.
- Law/criminal justice
- Computer networking
- Advertising design
- Medical/Health care
- Architecture (environmental/green concept)
- Aviation Technology - Dual Credit
- Hospitality and Culinary Arts
- Education and Training
- Automotive technology
- CNC manufacturing
Check out our new career development and job search website!
- Build a portfolio to showcase your work
- Upload and/or create resumes
- Access career advice documents and podcasts to learn about a wide range of job search and career development topics
All current Denton ISD high school students are automatically signed up--check your school email to activate your account!
Career and Technology Education will provide a positive difference in the lives of our students by making connections through technology rich, academically rigorous curriculum and real world applications that empower our students to become contributing members of the global community.
- students with the skills they need to compete in the job market
- students to be life long learners and productive global citizens
- teachers to be powerful life change agents
- parents to be active partners in developing their student
- community to develop key partnerships for our students