Welcome to Counseling & Social Work
The Denton ISD Counseling and Social Work Department are committed to supporting and investing in the social and emotional well-being of our students, staff, and community. We are staying connected and we are here to help. Together we are Growing Strong Hearts and Strong Minds.
The Denton ISD comprehensive counseling and social work program includes 5 Domains:
- Guidance Curriculum: Transferable daily skills for living that align with the Denton ISD Social and Emotional Essential 8 topics.
- Post-Secondary Planning: Develops a students ability to make connections between education, skills, interests, and careers.
- Individual Planning: Services provided to assist students with the planning, monitoring, and managing of individual educational, personal, career and social development.
- Responsive Services: Prevention and intervention services for immediate concerns impacting the educational, personal, career and social development of all students.
- Indirect Student Services: Supports staff, parents, and community in promoting the academic, social and emotional development of all students.
A student's right to privacy and confidentiality is the basis for an effective counseling relationship. Confidentiality ensures that school counselors won't share students' disclosures with others except when the student and/or parent/guardian authorizes it or when there is a clear and present danger to the student and/or to other persons.
Parents and guardians can contact their campus counselor directly for more information regarding counseling services and/or to inquire about specific services for their student.