Social Work Program
The Denton ISD Social Work Office serves as liaison between school, home and the community. Our goal is to provide services and support to families, which will assist them to provide safe and stable home environments for their children, which will ensure their academic success. Through coordination and collaboration with social services, community and governmental agencies, along with school support staff, we address the diverse social, emotional, cultural, and economic needs of referred students and their families.
- Coordination of services to provide students who have been displaced or are living in unstable situations, educational stability in compliance with the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act
- Coordination of foster care services
- Information and referral for assistance related to medical needs, housing, utilities and food to include Medicaid/CHIP/SNAP applications
- Assistance with school supplies
- Coordination of Compensatory Education Homebound Instruction (pregnant teens only)
- Coordination of Teen Parent Program
There are no upcoming events to display.