About Our Teen Parent Program
Teen Parenting Program
Provide a program designed to improve school attendance, increase graduation rates and enhance the parenting skills of students, both male and female, who are pregnant or parenting and enrolling in Denton Independent School District.
- Case management and service coordination
- Individual and group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Instruction related to child development, parenting, and home and family living
- Assistance in obtaining resources from community and government agencies, including health services
- Homebound during complications of pregnancy and following the birth of a baby
Pregnant and parenting teens have unique needs and challenges. However, it is the expectation of our school district and this program that our students attend school regularly and make progress in their classes to retain transportation and childcare.
Braswell High School
Ryan High School
Denton High School
Guyer High SchoolPricilla VazquezSocial Worker940-369-4006
Fred Moore High School andThe Lester Davis School DAEPLynn Charles
Coordinator of Social Services