About Our Teen Parent Program
Teen Parenting Program
Provide a program designed to improve school attendance, increase graduation rates and enhance the parenting skills of students, both male and female, who are pregnant or parenting and enrolling in Denton Independent School District.
- Case management and service coordination
- Individual and group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Instruction related to child development, parenting, and home and family living
- Assistance in obtaining resources from community and government agencies, including health services
- Homebound during complications of pregnancy and following the birth of a baby
Pregnant and parenting teens have unique needs and challenges. However, it is the expectation of our school district and this program that our students attend school regularly and make progress in their classes to retain transportation and childcare.
940-369-2027 or 940-369-1245
Serves Guyer and Denton High Schools; Calhoun, Crownover, Harpool and McMath middle schools; and Davis School DAEPAngela HollSocial Worker940-369-3035 or 940-369-4006
Serves Ryan, Braswell and Fred Moore high schools; Myers, Navo, Rodriguez and Strickland middle schools; and Davis School DAEP