Advanced Placement Program and Registration
Denton ISD Advanced Placement Registration Information
2019-2020 AP Exam Registration Information
Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, the Advanced Placement program is introducing new resources and processes designed to help students earn college credit and placement. Denton ISD encourages all students who are enrolled in AP courses to take the AP Exam.
Here’s what you and your student need to know:
- Students register for AP Exams in the fall. AP Exams will continue to be given in May.
- Exam Fees
- Total Cost for Exam
- $97 per exam ($40 deposit is due on October 4, 2019 and final payment is due in the Spring)
- $40 per exam for free/reduced lunch students (due October 4, 2019)
- Students taking more than 4 AP Exams will receive a reduction in cost for additional exams.
- First 4 Exams $97 per exam/$40 per exam for free/reduced lunch
- Each additional exam $57 per exam/$0 per exam for free/reduced lunch
- Total Cost for Exam
Can I make a full payment ($97) on October 4, 2019?
- You can make a full payment on October 4, 2019 or wait until the spring to make the final payment ($57).
If my student is free/reduced lunch and I have paid my $40 (by October 4, 2019), do I need to make a final payment in the spring?
- Free/reduced lunch students pay the $40 by October 4, 2019. No additional payment is required.
Is this a Denton ISD decision or a College Board (Advanced Placement) decision?
- College Board (Advanced Placement) made the decision.
- Through a pilot program of over 40,000 students registering in the Fall, College Board observed a substantial increase in student groups achieving scores of 3 and above. The scores boosted a student’s chance of earning a score that translates to college credit.
Will I be able to register my student for an Advanced Placement test in the spring if they are currently enrolled in a fall class?
- If your student is currently enrolled an AP course, you must pay a deposit of $40 by October 4, 2019.
What if my student is enrolled in a spring only class? (Macroeconomics, Psychology, Government)
- Students will register in the spring. The district and school will communicate the registration deadlines.