Communications and Community Relations
The Denton ISD Communications and Community Relations Department works to keep our students, employees and community informed and engaged in all district-related matters. Areas of focus for our team include:
- Communicating during high profile, crisis events
- Handling media inquiries and promoting the district to local news outlets
- Marketing, writing, and designing flyers, and digital marketing campaigns
- Managing content on the district/campus websites and all social media channels
- Planning and promotion of special district events
- Partnering with four chambers of commerce, multiple municipalities and local service organizations
Outreach programs and initiatives such as the district’s volunteer program, Adopt-A-School, and mentorship programs are designed with engagement in mind. Our Adopt-A-School District Partners consist of businesses and organizations within the community who wish to impact multiple campuses or sponsor an overarching district initiative.
A few examples include:
- Back-to-School Fairs
- School Supply Distribution
- 4th and 5th Grade Art & Essay Contest
- University of North Texas basketball games
- Area Growth Tour for our local Realtors
Businesses can also work with individual campuses or a particular program in our Adopt-A-School program. Those activities could include mentoring, educational campus fairs, field trips, or after-school programs.