You may keep track of your points in the Guyer NHS 2019/20 Point Totals form. I will send you a link, and I will update it regularly.
- At least 120 of your required 150 points must come from NHS events.
- These include events like canned food drives, Denton Library tutoring, etc.
- 10 or More Points Each
- Dues are $20. They are not required.
- 20 Points
Individual Service Hours
- You must use this form to document your Individual Service Hours: Individual Service Hours
- These service hours must be completed outside the regular school day.
- You cannot count activities in which you are compensated financially or academically. For example, if you are completing a project for PALS or Student Council in which you receive a grade, that project cannot count as NHS service hours.
- You may count activities completed as part of other organizations, such as Scouting.
- Actions that are part of your normal worship service (e.g. ushering at church, babysitting, or singing in the choir) do not count.
- Form must be submitted within 30 days to receive points.
- You may only earn up to 20 points per event or activity.
- If you are uncertain about whether an activity qualifies, please contact Mrs. Ellis in advance of the event.
- 5 Points Per Hour
- Meetings will be held on the first Tuesday and Thursday of each month in room J218.
- You are required to attend monthly meetings.
- Before School – 8:10
- After School – 4:20
- 5 Points Per Meeting
NHS Graduation Requirement
- You must earn 150 points (by April 17, 2020) to wear the stole and graduate with NHS honors.
Last Modified on September 7, 2019