Adkins exists to create a learning culture; to be a school where every person feels a sense of belonging and connection; to serve our community and our world.
We believe to accomplish our mission as a staff we must be a school that:
- Is open and flexible in our thinking;
- Commits to professional learning in an on-going way;
- Constantly evalutates our practice to assess postitive learning outcomes;
- Creates and fosters opportunities for our students, parents, and community to connect with one another in meaningful ways;
- Supports students' leadership development at every opportunity;
- Partners with parents in decision making and implementation;
- Listens to feedback from all members of our learning community
In order to achieve our vision, we have made the following commitments:
- We will celebrate our students' learning successes.
- We will provide a school environment that focuses on learning.
- We will model, mentor, teach, and support one another in our professional development.
- We will engage in a positive way.
- We will engage in professional, open, and honest communication that is built on a foundation of trust.
- We will implement a system of intervention that will promote student success.
- We will honor our students' efforts to serve others and our community as a whole.
Colors: Royal Blue and Lime Green