Tardy/Discipline Protocol for Navo Middle School
During the 9-week grading period…
- After three tardies to any class, the student will receive a teacher detention.
- After the fourth tardy, the teacher will email the appropriate administrator.
- After five tardies, the teacher will write an office referral.
- Chronic tardies may result in an additional disciplinary action.
- Impromptu TARDY SWEEPS may occur at any time during the school day.
- Tardies start over every 9 weeks
(Lesser Offenses – ex. Disruptive behavior, horseplay, noncompliance, inappropriate language, disrespect, etc.)1st Infraction - Documented Verbal Warning by Teacher
2nd Infraction - Documented Parent Contact by Teacher; Teacher determined consequence
3rd Infraction - Documented Parent Contact by Teacher; Teacher determined consequence; SAC counselor referral
4th Infraction - Documented Parent Contact by Teacher; Referral to AP
Severe Infraction-Immediate referral to assistant principal
Examples for Severity
Cursing at or Threatening the teacher
Theft/Destruction of Property
Violations of a Sexual Nature
Inconsolable or not able to control emotions