Mandatory Student Orientation/Guardian Involvement
**Student and guardian are advised to arrive no later than 8:00 AM at 1125 Davis St, Denton TX**
Students accompanied by parent or guardian may enroll in the DAEP on Tuesday or Thursday mornings at 8:20 am.
No one may be enrolled without attending this hour and a half session.
• No one will be admitted after the session has begun.
• Student + 2 people maximum may attend. One attendee must be a guardian (ID check will be conducted to confirm guardianship).
• **Current Denton ISD COVID Protocols will be maintained**
• Student MUST be in Davis Dress Code (students may not be allowed to stay at school on the 1st day if they are out of dress code).
• Students will ride the Davis School bus to their assigned bus stop at the end of the school day (bus stops will be assigned during orientation).
• Students should bring enough money for breakfast and lunch for the week.
• ORIENTAION WILL LAST APPROXIMATELY AM HOUR AND A HALF. Please plan accordingly! Each new student and parent/guardian IS REQUIRED to attend a complete session of orientation.
DAEP Daily Expectations
• All students will follow the Davis Dress Code.
• Students may not bring cell phones, computers, or any data device to Davis School.
• Students will ride the Davis School bus to school each day (excluding the morning of orientation). Parents will choose bus stops at orientation. A list of bus stops is also on the Davis webpage.
• Student cooperation is expected; no one may disrupt the teaching/learning environment.
• Attendance at 90% or above is mandatory. Court referrals may be triggered for truancy issues.
• Students may be assessed for substance abuse.
• Students will participate in character building and counseling classes.
Breakfast and Lunch
• Students will receive breakfast and lunch at The Lester Davis School.
• Students will not be able to bring their own breakfast or lunch.
• Any money in existing school lunch accounts will be available to the student. All assisted lunch enrollment transfers from your home campus (i.e. free or reduced lunch).
• Weekly meal prices, including breakfast and lunch: Full pay = $22.75 Reduced = $3.50 Free = $0.00
Medication and Hygiene
• Students may carry their inhalers, diabetic supplies and EpiPens with them, with written parent consent.
• Prescription medication must be brought to the school by the parent in the original prescription container.
• Over the counter medication will be given ONLY with a doctor’s order.
• The school nurse or designee will administer prescription medication required during the school day with written parent consent.
• Feminine hygiene products will be provided as needed.