W.S. Ryan Daily Schedule, Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
2020-2021*We ask for your patience and compliance with our arrival and dismissal procedures. We have a systematic process to get several hundred students in and out of school as safely and efficiently as possible. Modeling rule/law-following, safety and respect will benefit our children in countless ways! Additional COVID precautions have been added this year to minimize large groups in hallways and common areas.*Anytime you need to change the dismissal method for your child, please be sure you notify the school in writing or by phone. Otherwise, your child will be dismissed by the method you indicated at registration.
*Arrival time and locations are staggered due to COVID Precautions.
7:10 a.m. - bus students & day care students can arrive
7:20 a.m. - car riders and walkers can begin arriving (Please stay in your cars in the car line to keep the line moving efficiently. Staff will be there at 7:20 to supervise and assist students.)
- Car Rider Drop-Off is in the Cafeteria Circle if they need to purchase breakfast, and Front Circleif they do not need breakfast.
- Bus drop off is in the Gym circle; Day Care drop off is in the cafeteria circle and front driveways.
- Students will go directly to their classroom and line up socially distanced in their hallway by the classroom door.
- If they need to purchase breakfast, they will purchase their grab n go breakfast and take it to their classroom.Students will not eat breakfast in the cafeteria this year.
- ****PRE-K is dropped off at the cafeteria doors.****
**Note - due to COVID Precautions, all students must wear their masks during arrival and dismissal.**
**Parents are expected to pre-screen their children each day for symptoms of COVID. Please see more details at www.dentonisd.org/backtoschool .
- Students are able to enter classrooms.
- School day begins with teachers at their doors to greet students
**Note - due to COVID Precautions, parents/visitors will not be allowed in the building to walk their children to classrooms or the cafeteria until further notice. Only students will be allowed in the building during arrival and dismissal times.**7:40 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 1:55 p.m.
- Tardy bell rings and announcements begin; students are expected to be in class ready to learn by this time. They must be inside the classroom by 7:40 in order to not be counted as "tardy" on attendance records.
- The cafeteria door is closed and locked at the 7:40 bell. Students arriving after that time need to enter at the front office and ring the bell to enter the building.
3:05 p.m. Dismissal (Dismissal will be staggered by dismissal method group to minimize large groups in hallways at the same time.)
- Lunches - One grade level per 30 minute lunch period. (Due to COVID precautions, there will be time added between grade level lunches to allow custodial staff extra time to disinfect tables and chairs. Seating will also be reduced to 2-4 students per table. Parents/visitors will not be allowed to come in for lunch until further notice. All available tables will be used to distance students as much as possible during lunch.)
- Car Rider Pick-up line is in the Cafeteria Circle. Car riders are dismissed from the cafeteria by their car tag numbers. Please review your car tag number with your child. Parents are asked to stay in their cars to keep the line moving efficiently; staff members will escort students to their cars. Please have your car tag visible for staff members to see. If you do not have your car tag, you will need to pull around to the front office with your photo ID to pick up your child.
- Day Care and Pre-K Parent Pick-Up is in the Front Driveway.
- Walkers are dismissed outside the Kindergarten hallway (across from the recess field), and outside the Third Grade hallway along Creekdale.
- ESD students are escorted to the ESD check-in location inside the building.
- Bus Pick-Up is in the Gym Loop. ( A teacher escorts each bus number line to their respective bus.)
- ***If you need to change your child's dismissal method, we ask that you do this by 2:00 to give the office staff time to relay all dismissal change methods to teachers. Please do not email or call the teachers; they may not receive their email or voice mail in time, and substitutes do not have access to teacher email or voice mail. Contact the office for all dismissal changes at 940-369-4600.
- ***Parents who arrive late for dismissal, after the car line is empty, will need to come to the office and sign out their child. Students not picked up on time will stay with their classroom teacher. Parents should be at the school at 3:05 p.m. for dismissal. Staff members need to use the time after school for meetings, conferences, and lesson planning.
- ***If something arises after school causing you to be late to pick up your child, please call the front office at 940-369-4600 to let us know when you expect to arrive, or, if it will take a while, which of your emergency contacts will be coming to pick up your child. If we cannot reach you, our office will contact your emergency contacts to come pick up your child.