We LOVE our Rivera Library!Our Mission:The mission of the Rivera Library program is to ensure all students and staff are effective and ethical users of ideas and information; students are empowered to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, and skillful researchers.Hours: 7:25 - 3:25 (Daily)
All students may visit the library any time during the school day with their teacher's permission.Specials Rotation Schedule (Daily):9:40 - 10:25 ~ 2nd Grade11:45 - 12:30 ~ 1st Grade12:35 - 1:20 ~ KindergartenCheck-Out Polices:Kindergarten - Check out books for one week. Will begin to take books home in January.1st Grade - Check out books for one week to take home.2nd Grade - Check out two books for one week to take home.3rd Grade, 4th Grade, and 5th Grade - Check out two books for two weeks to take home.Due Dates for Books:
Damaged Books:Students are responsible for damage to books including water/liquid damage, significant tears, missing barcode or spine labels, and coloring/writing in the library book. If it is impossible to repair the book back to usable condition, a fine equal to the price of the book will be assessed.Taking Care of Books at Home:
- All students are given bookmarks which show the date books are due back.
- We do not have late fines, however if a book is overdue a student will not be able to check out a new book until the overdue book is returned or paid for.
CHAMPS behavior in the library:Library follows CHAMPS to ensure students meet expectations and make the best of their time in the library. CHAMPS will be updated for each activity we do within the library.C- Conversation (what voice level)H - Help (how do we ask for help)A - Activity (what activity are we doing)M- Movement (how can I move in the library)P- Participation (how can I actively be involved in the activity)S- Success (using CHAMPS behavior allows us to have a successful time in the library!)
- Keep books away from food and liquids.
- Keep books away from small children and pets.
- Do not write, color, cut, or glue in books.
- Keep books in student's backpack when not reading.
- Use a bookmark. No folder pages, please.