EXAM EXEMPTION POLICY
NO EXEMPTIONS FOR 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students*
SENIOR EXEMPTION POLICY Seniors may exempt any final exam if they meet the following requirements in the course:
• Student must be 80% or better for their semester average in a regular course or a 75% or better for their semester average in an AP course. Exemptions are determined by the semester average the student has the week prior to final exams.
• Student must have passed all previous STAAR tests
• Student may have no more than three unexcused absences in the class they are to exempt, for the Spring semester (school-related or medical absences do not count)
• Student may have no placement in Off-Campus Suspension or Alternative School (DAEP) during the Spring semester
• SENIORS MUST BE PRESENT DURING THIS WEEK (regardless of exemption)
*All AP students MUST take some form of summative evaluation – either the AP exam or final exam/teacher-assigned projectPlease ask the course teacher if you have further questions.