Denton Independent School DistrictAdapted Physical Education ServicesSupervisor: Bob Gorton, (940) 369-4096Up and coming events:Adapted Physical Education (APE) Specialists:
Linda Hilgenbrinck, PhD, CAPE email@example.com
Adapted Physical Education
Heather Katz, M.S., CAPE firstname.lastname@example.org
940-369-0558Susannah Turney, M.S., CAPE email@example.com
940-369-4087Krystal Paul firstname.lastname@example.orgMission Statement
The APE Services personnel are committed to function as an integral part within the Special Education Services (SES) and learning community of the Denton Independent School District (DISD) designed to make lasting contributions to the lives of all students, especially those with disabilities, through programs that contribute positively to the optimal development of those students while promoting safe, active, healthy lifestyles to utilize and interact in their surrounding communities.Vision
Special Olympics InformationThe district appreciates the many staff that serve as volunteers for the Special Olympics events in the area. For more information regarding involvement in Special Olympics and surrounding communities please contact one of our staff.
- Increase the district’s APE Services visibility within the learning community.
- Develop initiatives, teachers, and individual schools that recognize and showcase programs.
- Advocate for strong pedagogical emphasis in all district APE Service programs.
- Focus on quality instruction and a coordinated approach to program development.
- Provide content specific presentations for district professional development, as well as, the broader communities at state, regional, national, and international conferences.
- Encourage professional relationships within the learning community.
Denton APE Documents