About Records Management
Records ManagementDenton ISD Records Management strives to develop solutions and programs to stay in compliance with State, Local, and Federal records laws. This includes the development of policies for the handling, maintenance, and destruction of district records. Please use this website as a resource for information about Records Management, DISD Retention Schedules, and associated forms.
For comments or questions, email RecordsManagement@dentonisd.org - Thanks!
What is Records Management?
It is the management of records throughout their creation, use, maintenance, storage, preservation, and disposition. The goals of records management are to:
- Reduce Costs
- Improve Efficiency
- Ensure legal compliance
- Improve access
- Improve workflow efficiency
- Capture government history
- Protect the rights of Texans
The components of an effective records management program are:
- Development of policies and procedures based on state and federal records codes & laws
- Creation of filing and retrieval systems
- Methods for consistent record keeping & documentation of records disposition
- Records media selection & maintenance
- Inactive records storage
- Forms management
- Disaster planning and recovery