Meet Our Trustees: Dr. Patricia Sosa-Sánchez
Dr. Patricia Sosa-Sánchez, Trustee since 2020
Dr. Patricia Sosa-Sánchez, EC-6 Program Coordinator and Bilingual/ESL Program Coordinator at the University of North Texas-Dallas, was sworn in as a new school trustee at the June 9 Board of School Trustees Meeting.
Dr. Sosa-Sánchez began her career in public education in Denton ISD in 2003 as a Dual Language/Bilingual teacher at Woodrow Wilson Elementary. She served nine years at Wilson Elementary before a brief, one-year stint in a neighboring district.
Dr. Sosa-Sánchez returned to Denton ISD in 2013 as a fourth-grade Bilingual/ESL teacher at Borman Elementary before moving to higher education. She has worked at Texas A&M University-Commerce, followed by Texas Woman’s University and most recently, the University of North Texas - Dallas.
Dr. Sosa-Sánchez received her Bachelor of Science degree from Texas Woman’s University in 2004 and her master’s degree from the same school in 2006. Dr. Sosa-Sánchez earned her doctorate in Reading Education with an emphasis on Literacy/Bilingual Education from Texas Woman’s University in 2015.
During her stint in public education, Dr. Sosa-Sánchez has been a pillar in the community. Most recently serving as a community volunteer on the 2018 Citizens' Advisory Committee for the 2018 Bond and a TWU Alumni Association Board of Directors member.
- Editorial Board, Texas Journal of Literacy Education (2019 – present)
- Board of Directors, TexTESOLV (2018 – present)
- Member, Denton ISD School Bond Committee (2018 – present)
- Member, TWU Alumni Association Board of Directors (2017 – present)
- International Literacy Association (2007 – present)
- National Association for Bilingual Educators (2004 – present)
- Bilingual Educators Association of the Metroplex (2004 – present)
- Texas Association of Bilingual Educators (2004 – present)
- Texas Reading Association (2004 – present)
- Association of Teachers and Professional Educators (2004 – present)
- Texas State Teachers Association (2004 – 2011)