Tips for Student Success
Tips for Student Success in AP Courses
- Consider your personal, academic, and extracurricular commitments. Be realistic in the number of PreAP/AP courses you take each semester.
- Calculate how much time needed to devote to each of your classes each night, balancing your daily schedule.
- Complete all assignments; this includes reading!
- Form study groups—your peers are valuable contacts and assets
- Maintain a daily planner.
- Do not procrastinate. Those long term assignments have a way of catching up with you.
- Communicate with your teachers, counselor, and parents when you feel yourself becoming burdened by the demands of a rigorous academic schedule.
- Attend tutorials offered. You’re taking a challenging course. It’s okay to ask for help!
- Attend any practice testing and review sessions offered. These opportunities afford insight into the actual testing process of the AP exams.