The Denton ISD Communications and Community Relations Department keeps the public informed and its employees and stakeholders engaged in all district-related matters. Outreach programs and initiatives such as the district’s volunteer program, Adopt-A-School, and mentorship programs are designed with engagement in mind. Our Adopt-A-School District Partners consist of businesses and organizations within the community who wish to impact multiple campuses or sponsor an overarching district initiative. The District Partnership program is known as our Adopt-A-School program.
A few examples include:
- University of North Texas Future Eagles campus visit for all Denton ISD 6th grade students.
- 4th and 5th Grade Art & Essay Contest
- University of North Texas basketball games
- Area Growth Tour for our local Realtors
Businesses can work with individual campuses or a particular program in our Adopt-A-School program too. Those activities could include mentoring, educational campus fairs, field trips, or after-school programs.
Other areas of focus for the Denton ISD Communications and Community Relations Department include:
- Crisis communication
- Handling media inquiries and promoting the district to local news outlets
- Marketing, writing, and designing flyers, and digital marketing campaigns
- Manage content on the district website and social media channels
- Planning and promotion of special district events
The communications team are the people behind the lenses that take the majority of pictures at district community and sporting events. You can view all the albums on Flickr and relive the moments that were created over the years.