The entire enrollment process for returning students will be complete once parents/guardians print both pages of the Power School Registration verification form and deliver it to their child’s campus for the upcoming school year along with proof of residency (utility bill, lease, new home contract, etc.) and valid identification. Please note: your child is not enrolled until you have returned your verification form additional documents to the campus.
The entire enrollment process upcoming school year along with:
To expedite the time spent at the campus, parents/guardians of new students are strongly encouraged to contact the campus and make an appointment prior to submitting their documents. Please note that a Power School Registration verification form needs to be submitted for each student in the family.
- proof of residency
- valid identification
- student immunization records
- student social security card
- student withdrawal papers (if moving from another school district)
For more information on Power School Registration, please visit www.dentonisd.org/registration or contact academic programs at (940) 369-0032.
Finish Registration process/Schedule Pick-Up: Each year students, along with a parent or legal guardian, must attend registration to complete/verify a few simple items in order to receive a student schedule. Please arrive at the library during the student‘s assigned time. Students and/or parents who are unable to provide the necessary information for registration will not be given a schedule.
8th Grade - Tuesday, July 30th, in the library
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
7th Grade - Wednesday, July 31st, in the library
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
6th Grade - Thursday, August 1st, in the library
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
All Grades - Thursday, August 1st, in the library
**You must bring the following items with you in order to participate in registration and schedule pick-up:
1. Power School Registration Verification Page – Form should be printed once you have completed the online registration process.
2. Proof of residency – Proof of residency will be determined with a current utility bill dated after July 1, 2019, or a current lease or mortgage agreement. Bills that indicate a cancellation of service will not be accepted. No other forms of residential information will be permitted. Cell phone, internet, cable and insurance statements/bills or bills sent to a PO Box will not be accepted. To advance through registration more quickly, bring a photocopy of your proof of residency or a copy that may be filed with CMS. (For questions regarding Proof of Residency, go to www.dentonisd.org)
3. Valid Identification – Photocopy of Parent or Guardian driver’s license with the listed address matching the proof of residence address
4. Student Immunization Records (for 7th grade only) – A current record of vaccination www.ImmunizeTexas.com
5. Please bring cash or checkbook to purchase the required agenda and PE attire and join the PTA for the
2019—2020 school year.
**Students living in another person’s residence must complete a notarized residency affidavit. All residency affidavits are subject to verification by campus/attendance officer and if falsification of information is determined, withdrawal is immediate in accordance with FD (LEGAL).
NOTE: Immunization records must meet the 2019—2020 Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements.
Back to School at Calhoun
Monday, August 12th CMS Cub Camp for incoming 6th-grade students; time - 8:30 to 12. Location: Meet in the Mounts Gym at 8:30 am. The goal of our Cub camp is to introduce students to their peers, teachers and to familiarize themselves with our campus. There is no cost for this event and all registered 6th-grade students are invited to attend.
New Student Registration: Students new to our district must complete the Power School Registration online registration process. If you are new to our district, you will be required to provide the following information for enrollment:
- Student‘s Original birth certificate
- Student‘s Original Social Security card
- Current student immunization records
- Student withdrawal papers including their most recent report card w/ promotion to the next grade level
- Proof of residency (see Schedule Pick-Up for details)
First Day of School: Wednesday, August 14th. We will begin at 8:15 a.m. SHARP! Please refer to the Calhoun homepage for information regarding dress code. We will expect each student to begin following the dress code on the first day of school.
Before and After School: Our teachers are on duty before school beginning at 7:45 a.m. and after school until 3:45 p.m. For the safety and well-being of our students, please do not drop students off earlier than 7:45 a.m. or pick them up later than 3:45 p.m. each day as they will be unsupervised. Students should be dropped off and picked up in their designated waiting areas. Again, all students should be picked up no later than 3:45 p.m. unless they participate in extracurricular activities.
We look forward to partnering with each of you in making this our most successful year yet!
Head of School
AO Calhoun Middle School