Announcements:Please click here for more information on the Public Hearings by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) in regards to the Comprehensive Draft Strategic Plan for Special Education Improvements.
Denton ISD Special Education hosts Parent Resource Events on a regularly scheduled basis. These events are specially designed for parent(s)/guardian(s) of special needs children; however, these informational meetings are open to others interested and to the community at large. Snacks and childcare are provided.
Parent Resource Events are generally held at the DISD Professional Development Center located at 1212 Bolivar St., Denton, Texas 76201.
- Denton County Mental Health and Mental Retardation (MHMR) Social Skills Group (Fall 2019 Flyer)
- Denton Parks and Recreation (DPR) provides Adaptive Recreation classes for individuals with physical and developmental disabilities; these activities offer a chance to participate in recreation programs with peers while enhancing physical, social, and emotional well being
- Texas Womans University (TWU)
- University Behavioral Health of Denton (UBHDenton)
- University of North Texas (UNT)
- Education Service Center Region 11 (ESC11)
- Crossroads (a Trusted Resource for Deaf Education in Texas)
- Education Service Center Region 18 (ESC18)
- Education Service Center Region 20 (ESC20)
- Texas Education Agency (TEA | Texas Transition and Employment Guide)
- Texas Project FIRST (Families, Information, Resources, Support and Training)
- National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)