Free, State-Funded Pre-K Qualifications
DISD serves eligible four-year-old students with full-day state-funded Pre-k classes. Students must be 4 years old on/before September 1 of the school year for Pre-K enrollment. Students who turn 3 years old and are Pre-K eligible may be enrolled at Ann Windle or Gonzalez School for Young Children. This is based on available space at each campus.
Classes are available at a limited number of campuses. Spots in full-day classes are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Students qualify for free state-funded Pre-K by one of the following criteria:
- Learning English as a second language
- Income (Income Eligibility Chart for (Income Eligibility Chart-22-23)
- Dependent of a member of the military on active duty, injured or killed while on active duty
- Currently or has ever been in State of Texas foster care
- Dependent of an individual who received the Star of Texas Award