Pre-K Registration Information
Students may enroll in a Denton ISD prekindergarten program at any time during the school year. Please note: The majority of the registration process is done electronically and the parent or guardian must have an active email address to register.
*Guardians of registered four-year-old students will be notified the week of May 23rd. We will verify school placement and eligibility.
Please note: Students who potentially qualify due to an inability to speak or comprehend English will require a language proficiency test. The oral language proficiency assessment will be conducted in person, by appointment only. The Denton ISD will contact each family individually to share specific guidelines on how and when testing will be conducted.
Before beginning Pre-K registration, please ensure you have the following documents:
- Student Identification (Birth Certificate)
- Social Security Card (requested)
- Proof of Income if the student is eligible for state-funded Pre-K
- Student's Immunization Record (must be up to date at the time of registration)
- Proof of Residency
- If you are living in a rental residence (rented house or apartment) - provide a rental agreement/lease or utility bill
- If currently building in Denton ISD - provide a builder's contract showing the projected completion date and utility deposit
- If living in another person's residence - both the parent/guardian of the student and the person who lives/owns the residence will need to sign a notarized Affidavit of Residency form (see attachment located at the bottom of this page.)
- Parent Identification
- Valid Photo ID; Driver's license, Passport, Permanent Resident Card, or Naturalization Papers
- Custody information, if necessary
Link to Eligibility Guidelines:22-23 Eligibility Guidelines
If you need help with online registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the Pre-K program, please contact us at PreK@dentonisd.org or call 940-369-0465.